Thursday, June 3, 2021

Underlined Excerpts - May 2021

"As I enter into a sacred time of prayer ... I commit to holding all situations in the light of Spirit. I breathe mindfully, inhaling peace. I relax, exhaling all feelings of concern or worry." From May 5.

"I am the master of my life and moods. The spiritual being that I AM guides my thoughts and feelings." From May 8.

"Today I realize that all the changes I wish to see start with me at the level of my thinking. I remain engaged with the world as it is, yet attuned to a more enduring spiritual reality. In time, I notice that my outer world is reflecting my inner state because I am creating my life from the inside out." From May 10.

"I do what is mine to do, and then I let go." From May 17.

"When I shift my focus to all that is positive in my life, my heart opens to peace and my spirit lifts." From May 27.

"...anytime I stumble as an adult, I have an inner source of comfort and reassurance. The power of divine love within me shores my spiritual resolve and eases any sadness or sorrow. Divine love gives me strength to go on." From May 29.

"At a place in consciousness sometimes called the center of my being, peace, like all qualities of God, waits for me to recognize and claim it." From May 30

"Creating my life from the inside out" is the phrase that keeps coming back to me. I took our dog to the vet and learned that separation anxiety in dogs isn't rare. Since the Covid-19 pandemic required many people to stay home and work from home, many of our pets got used to us being around and getting more attention. As life returns to a new normal, our pets are feeling the loss of our presence. I have joked that my job is my dog and that is the case. She needs lots of attention and reassurance. What's saving me is taking her to a doggie day care for about 5 hours a couple times a week. She likes it and I need that time free from her needs to either do errands or get chores done both inside and outside. I also take some of that time for me - to read or journal or to write this post. It helps me to love and appreciate her nice qualities.

Many of this month's excerpts center on inner peace. I choose peace and I do what I can to claim it every day. I wish the same for each of you.

~ Jean

Image: Portlandlibrary.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Going on Hiatus

 Dear Unity friends, I have decided to take a break from posting to Unity's Touchstone. Hope you have a wonderful holiday season. With l...