Thursday, June 24, 2021

... Release the Day

Ever since I found Unity, I have heard of many ways to start and end my days. In my May 27 post I wrote about the concept of “How Will I Greet This Day?” I love that and try to consider it each morning before I get into the rest of the day.

Last Friday (June 18, 2021) the Unity Daily Word was Unwind. This meditation made me think about how to end my day. The affirmation is:

I unwind in peace and love.

The part of the meditation that I especially like is to review the day and then:

I get comfortable and begin to relax. With each breathe, I release the day.

And then as I am ready to fall asleep, the Bible verse:

But I have calmed and quieted my soul. – Psalm 131:2

As I lay in bed the last few nights, I have briefly thought about the day just past, then stretched open my arms and thought “I release the day, and all is well.”

It does not always work perfectly but often it seems to allow me to fall asleep quickly and get back to sleep if I wake up during the night. Best of all, whether I slept well or not, I find that I have let yesterday go. As I study mindfulness and other Unity principles, there does not seem a better way to let go and let God than this. It also is a great way to keep me in the present, since the past is over, and the future is yet to be. I have only today, this present moment, to be who I am meant to be.

My wish for us all is that we “unwind in peace and love.”

~ Jean

Image: Amazon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Going on Hiatus

 Dear Unity friends, I have decided to take a break from posting to Unity's Touchstone. Hope you have a wonderful holiday season. With l...