Thursday, August 19, 2021

Through the Lens of Gratitude

I begin and end each day in gratitude.

At the end of July, here it was again: a Unity Daily Word Grateful: a way to greet the day when I get up in the morning and a way to release the day when I get ready to go to sleep at night. (See previous posts.) Quoting from the meditation: "Today I view the world through a lens of gratitude, and I practice it every chance I get."

More recently there have been two DW from August 7 and 8: Prosperity and Protected. Here are excerpts:

I carry a spirit of gratitude for everything the day will bring.

Through my oneness with God, I feel protected.

Part of the meditation from Protected is: "The sun always rises after the longest, darkest night. I remind myself of this truth and feel grateful as I allow the light of spiritual understanding to release and reclaim whatever power I may have unwittingly given to a fear-based thought."

I am visiting my mom in Illinois for two weeks. Part of my purpose while with her is to prepare her to move to assisted living. Yesterday she had a fall - very minor and she wasn't hurt but she couldn't get herself back up off the floor. She wears a call bracelet and pushed the button for help. The staff at her Life Care facility came right over to her townhouse and called immediately called paramedics who helped her get up and ascertained she didn't need the hospital. THE SYSTEM WORKED. I am so grateful.

When we began looking into assisted living for my mom, the primary reason for moving her was if she was not safe any more living independently. I don't know what other people have experienced with elderly parents but my siblings and I think it's time but our mother doesn't - at least she didn't 3 weeks ago before her fall. She and my dad purposely chose to move into a life care facility 25 years ago specifically so they had all the levels of care when they needed them.

And so I release my fears and feel such gratitude that the safety system put in place by the Life Care facility worked - We frequently reminded my mom: if you fall or have any other problem, push the button first - only after that call one of us kids. And she did. I'm so grateful she remembered and was able to push the button. And I am grateful that she can move to a nice place with nearby professional medical assistance, as much or as little as she needs.

Thank you God.

~ Jean

Image: innervoicepc.com  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Going on Hiatus

 Dear Unity friends, I have decided to take a break from posting to Unity's Touchstone. Hope you have a wonderful holiday season. With l...