Thursday, October 7, 2021

Blessed with Free Will

Unity's Daily Word for yesterday was Blessed. Here's a quote from the meditation: "My very life is a blessing that I receive anew every day. Today I count my many blessings and feel grateful for all the good in my life... I am blessed with free will to choose how I respond to events, what I wish to learn, how I choose to serve, and what I choose to give."

Yesterday my husband and I each had our Pfizer Covid-19 booster shots. I'm not feeling any side effects this time; unfortunately he is - still we're both grateful for the shots.

This old dogwood tree
is one of the early changers.

I made it my phone's
lock screen picture.


Last night my mom told me a couple residents in her continuing care living community asked her about assisted living and how she decided to move. She has come to feel like she was the one to decide to move and she's very content. Plus she tells anyone who asks her now that it is good for her. This is a wonderful turn of events.

It's fall - since September 22 - and I'm so happy. I love the fall in all it's looks. Some of our days are bright and sunny and the leaves are (barely) beginning to change colors. Some of our days are gray and rainy and foggy. I love both kinds of days. When I step outside to walk my dog in the morning
I breathe in, look around, and feel the blessings of the early days of fall.

On Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, we take our doggie Maddi to doggie day care at The Puppy Patch in Lebanon, NJ. She loves going there and my husband and I appreciate having 5 hours of time each of those days to run our separate errands or work around the house and yard without needing to pay attention to our needy doggie. She doesn't like when I sit in my office working on my computer. A couple days ago while Maddi was playing with her buds at the Patch, I completed the first chapter of the family photobook I've been procrastinating over for at least two years. I'm thrilled and looking forward to getting on to the second chapter the next time Maddi is at day care.

Each day I make choices about how I will live my life. I love my free will and use it as wisely as I can. I am blessed. Thank you, God.

~ Jean


No comments:

Post a Comment

Going on Hiatus

 Dear Unity friends, I have decided to take a break from posting to Unity's Touchstone. Hope you have a wonderful holiday season. With l...