Thursday, October 21, 2021

Mindfulness Exercise 4 - Appreciate the Imperfect

Fall is my favorite season. Whether it's sunny, breezy and cool or rainy, gray and cold, it's not perfect and yet, for me, it is. Looking around in the fall is one of my greatest pleasures. With that in mind, I revisited my copy of "see your way to mindfulness. Ideas and Inspiration to Open Your I" by David Schiller.

I wrote about Exercise 1: sit still and look until the you disappears in my June 10th post. I wrote about Exercise 3: look up in my July 22 post.

Today I'm loving Exercise 4: appreciate the imperfect. Sometimes I notice that the produce section in grocery stores looks like a work of art - each section of fruit and vegetables perfectly aligned and stacked. Off season we have to buy produce from grocery stores and I'm grateful for that - but every spring and summer I look forward to garden vegetables. The fruits, vegetables, and plants at a farmer's market or plucked from the garden look natural but not perfect by any stretch of the imagination. Oh, but the taste! I love the taste of farmer's market tomatoes and and local orchard apples.


Farmer's market tomatoes: not perfect but yummy!


These are the four pots outside our front door.
We have to surround them with wire fencing
or the deer will eat them to the nubs.
They might look better without the fence
but we love the opportunity to plant
morning glory vines.

Then I looked at my recent pictures on my phone. Not perfect either but they tell my story and I love them.

Have a great fall everyone. With love,

~ Jean

No comments:

Post a Comment

Going on Hiatus

 Dear Unity friends, I have decided to take a break from posting to Unity's Touchstone. Hope you have a wonderful holiday season. With l...