Monday, April 19, 2021

 Do you know what you love? Do you think it is important, what you love?

 Have you ever been asked what you love?  Have you ever wanted to list all the things you think are wonderful.  Do you share this part of yourself with others so you know them and they know you? It offers us all such an opportunity to know ourselves and others better.  Like it helps you know who they are and perhaps it even reminds you how much you love that too. Or perhaps it invites an appreciation that you did not have before.

As a designer, I ran into many persons, who hadn’t thought about it, or did not consider their own choices special.   They often thought it would be much more important that they like what the other guy likes because that other person is much more important.

I am saying these words because it was my experience often that many persons lacked value of their own choices.  And in my opinion, there may not be anything more important than living with or choosing what suits you best!

In my work as a designer, one time I arrived at a couple’s home and they told me they weren’t going to tell me a thing about themselves.  They instead, wanted to hear what I thought would be best for their home.  I immediately repaired with what I felt needed to be said, that by not knowing more about them or their loves, and wanderings, I could not possibly advise them appropriately.

And now in our movement forward at Unity in Asbury, it is very important that we know who you are, and what you want to see happening in the life of the church.  That way we’ll know choices to make, possibilities to include, preferences to consider. 

You see at our Community meeting next week we hope to find out about you, and what our next steps as a church might be.  Make us a list, or a vision board, or a description so we know what you hope for in the future.  We are definitely exploring whether to keep the present building, or be-come a church in a box, or rent another building or church.  We want to explore in terms of expenses, environment, details, and space, so please let us know your thoughts.  We will be listening carefully! And we want and need your opinion!

 Love,  Denny Daikeler

No comments:

Post a Comment

Going on Hiatus

 Dear Unity friends, I have decided to take a break from posting to Unity's Touchstone. Hope you have a wonderful holiday season. With l...