Thursday, April 15, 2021

Pass It On - Part 2

Coincidentally (I know - there are no coincidences) last week I received a mailing from Silent Unity calling me to Pray It Forward. Here's the link to the article How to Pray It Forward | Unity

A couple excerpts from the article follow: The first one speaks to me especially. 

“Prayer makes no demands concerning time or location. Right where you are, at your place of business, on the street, in the home, you can pray and pray effectively.”

I keep Unity's Daily Word magazine on my bathroom counter so I read the message of the day when I wake up each morning.  I do not have a set scheduled prayer and meditation time every day; instead I find myself sending out prayers at seemingly random times. Like when I think of a friend who is having a cancer treatment. Like when I think of our world. Like when I'm starting on a cross country drive to see my mom. Like when I know a friend is meeting with her doctor for a health checkup. Like when I am so grateful for this beautiful day.

I love these next paragraphs because it reminds me that it's not my responsibility to change someone else. It is my responsibility to see everyone as whole and complete as they are (including myself).

“Our prayers do not change other persons,” wrote Hypatia Hasbrouck in Handbook of Positive Prayer (Unity Books, 2005). “Other persons may seem to change when, through prayer, we change our perception and understanding of them.”

Rev. Linda Martella-Whitsett, vice president of Unity Prayer and Practice, says ... “This means that instead of worrying about them or with them, we clear our mind and get in touch with our innate strengths and capacities,” she says.
 

“Centered in this clear state of mind, we can see the truth about them and their life—that they, too, have all they need within them to respond in the healthiest way to the conditions they are praying about.”

Passing it on applies to a lot, doesn't it! Share if you like (jeaprojects@gmail.com)

~ Jean

No comments:

Post a Comment

Going on Hiatus

 Dear Unity friends, I have decided to take a break from posting to Unity's Touchstone. Hope you have a wonderful holiday season. With l...