Friday, July 16, 2021

Peace for a Friend

I received a text from a friend early this morning (7:12 A.M.). She wasn't able to attend a planned meeting this morning because ... This is her text:

Our son is having a breakdown and we have to fly out to Seattle ASAP. I don't know when we will return. I'm sorry for any inconveniences. (two emojis of praying hands)

Although I know their son is an adult, my immediate response was "Just take care of your boy."

A little later I read the Unity Daily Word. How fitting that it is Comfort. The affirmation is

Journeying to Jerusalem within, I arrive at perfect peace.

And a bit of the mediation:

Whenever I find myself feeling in need of comfort, my pilgrimage begins. As I relax, I envision each inhalation bringing me closer to the Christ presence within my heart. Exhaling, I feel my burdens lift, lightening my load a little at a time. Step by step, breath by breath, I release my earthly concerns.

This message is to me but I also take it as a message about my friend and her family. I hold the thought of peace for her even if she cannot right now. 

~ Jean

Image: emojipedia.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Going on Hiatus

 Dear Unity friends, I have decided to take a break from posting to Unity's Touchstone. Hope you have a wonderful holiday season. With l...