Thursday, July 22, 2021

Look Up

What beauty looking up into a tree!


The cliffs overlooking the D&R Canal

Coneflowers with guest

Sweet corn over my head
(or as high as an elephant's eye)

The Hunterdon Hiking Club has resumed their Mindfulness Hikes on Thursday mornings. I joined the group this morning at 10 a.m. We began walking from the Frenchtown River Parking lot, crossed the Delaware River bridge, and joined the Delaware and Raritan Canal Path on the Pennsylvania side.

The Unity Daily Word for today is Awe. The affirmation is:
I am in awe when I behold God in all things.
Part of the meditation is: "God is the source of all the beauty and goodness that surround me." As I think about that I know it to be true both in my physical world and in my spiritual world. When I look around me I see people doing kind things for others. When I look around my physical world I see beauty in the trees, flowers, and butterflies. "I am simply in awe," as the meditation says in the last sentence.

Before I left my house I looked up the next Mindfulness Exercise from see your way to mindfulness by David Schiller. Exercise 3 is "Look Up." This is what I intended to do today.

The pictures are from my walk. Enjoy! I did.

~ Jean

No comments:

Post a Comment

Going on Hiatus

 Dear Unity friends, I have decided to take a break from posting to Unity's Touchstone. Hope you have a wonderful holiday season. With l...